Pre-Ballet 1 (2-5 year olds)Pre-Ballet 1, for children ages 2-5, awakens the children to music and dance, coordination, and spatial/motor skills. Gentle guidance helps the beginner develop rhythm, enhances academic learning, cooperation, playful creative dance, and basic ballet skills. The classes offer an atmosphere of fun within a discipline so the children can gain a sense of accomplishment as well as explore their love of dance and music.
Pre-Ballet 2 (4-6 year olds)This program, Pre-Ballet 2, is introduced at a time when fine and gross motor skills are becoming more refined. By introducing students to the basic shapes, positions, postures, and traditions of classical ballet, the Pre-Ballet 2 curriculum enhances both cognitive and physical.
- Girls are required to tie or pin back their hair away from the face.
- All ballet class students must wear black leotards, pink tights and pink shoes
- All Jazz and Tap students must wear black leotards, black jazz or tap shoes and jazz pants.
- All Modern students must wear black leotards and jazz pants.
- All male dancers must wear white T-shirts Black ballet shoes and black sweat pants.
- If a dancer is not in proper attire, the dancer will be asked to sit and watch class. Not having the proper attire can cause injury, and observing is another form of learning.