Intermediate/Modern (Must be at least 9)
Dancers continue learning Graham Technique which is the cornerstone of all American Modern Dance. Student learn to perfect the opposition between contraction and release, a concept based on the breathing cycle which has become a "trademark" of modern dance forms. They are also learning to perfect to the other dominant principle is the "spiraling" of the torso around the axis of the spine. At this level dancers can perfect the Graham Technique's unique dramatic and expressive qualities and its distinctive floor work. At this level, improvisation can be performed to look like choreography
- Girls are required to tie or pin back their hair away from the face.
- All ballet class students must wear black leotards, pink tights and pink shoes
- All Jazz and Tap students must wear black leotards, black jazz or tap shoes and jazz pants.
- All Modern students must wear black leotards and jazz pants.
- All male dancers must wear white T-shirts Black ballet shoes and black sweat pants.
- If a dancer is not in proper attire, the dancer will be asked to sit and watch class. Not having the proper attire can cause injury, and observing is another form of learning.