(This is a Pay It Forward class for Seniors 55+.There is no fee for this class)
Restorative Barre will mix the athleticism and grace of classical ballet with targeted exercises and stretches that sculpt a dancer's tones, leaned physique. It Infuses elements from Ballet, Pilates, Yoga, and Gyro tonic/Gyro kinesis. These exercises help to heal the mind, body, and spirit.
Benefits of Barre Class are the following:
- Develop lean muscle tone
- Improve balance
- Improve flexibility
- Prevent injuries
- Develop a strong core
- Girls are required to tie or pin back their hair away from the face.
- All ballet class students must wear black leotards, pink tights and pink shoes
- All Jazz and Tap students must wear black leotards, black jazz or tap shoes and jazz pants.
- All Modern students must wear black leotards and jazz pants.
- All male dancers must wear white T-shirts Black ballet shoes and black sweat pants.
- If a dancer is not in proper attire, the dancer will be asked to sit and watch class. Not having the proper attire can cause injury, and observing is another form of learning.